Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 1

Okay I'm gonna start doing my blogs by weeks so I can be organized.

I'm taking 2 classes. One is Peace and Conflict Studies in Northern Ireland and the one is History of Ireland. I absolutely love the peace and conflict class. The teacher Ashley (he's also the director of IES Dublin) grew up in Belfast so he actually knows from a personal level what he's teaching about. We look at a lot of art and read a lot of books stemmed from the Northern Irish troubles. It's all very intense and emotional but so interesting. It's too complicated to put into simple words but I guess you could compute it with the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Me and my roommates are going to Belfast next weekend, so now that we've learned about what's happening up there, it should all be a lot more meaningful.

This past weekend we went to Galway in the west and the Cliffs of Moher, which were BEAUTIFULLLLL

Part of the Burren




Banjo Man and the O'Brien's Tower




The Cliffs of Moher


2 comments:

  1. shawn! I love your pictures that you are putting up and I cant wait to read more of your blog the next time you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically love every single photo you put up. I am so jealous that you are out there! It looks like you're loving it.

    You are horrible at keeping your blog updated. Inquiring minds (mom) (oh and me) want to know what you're are up to!

    ReplyDelete